Thread: Turbo/Cam combo
View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

I used stock rods and bolts on my 400rwhp CIS car. I now use stock rods and ARP bolts with 525rwhp EFI.

And getting a true 400rwhp with CIS is more difficult that installing a couple of "bolt-on" mods. To get 400, I had: Kokeln IC, Turbo Peformance turbo, B&B pipes (later went to custom), euro fuel system, highly mod'ed WUR, fuel head mod, ported heads, 8:1 CR, 964 cams (the best all around cam in my opinion), matched injectors, Magnaflow straight through muffler (second best thing done for HP), stock air box (drilled), 1 bar spring, extrude honed intake manifold. Most importantly, it was tuned for all these mods. It was extremely reliable (started every time - hot, cold, had great power, etc) too.

You'll notice I changed to custom pipes. There are two reasons: the B&B were falling apart (welds failing, and holes popping through in odd areas), and I needed a superior wastegate circuit.

Brian is dead on with the fuel head mod. There is much more to it - don't fall into the "irrational exuberance" of this single mod and expect more power or it to save your motor somehow.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)