View Single Post

I'm curious to know about the design of this B^ full bay intercooler. Does it have internal baffles to direct airflow evenly across the core? Because if it doesn't it's not working as efficiently as it should. I usually build IC's to suit my customers applications and something that long with an offset inlet tank would require such a baffle.

These pictures below are crude( forgive me but I'm too tired to draw this in solidworks right now) but they relay the gist of what I'm talking about for flow distribution across the core.

Without a baffle. Center colors "depict" charge temp over the core due to uneven airflow. Orange obviously hotter...

With baffle..

I had contemplated fabricating my own intercooler for production for you guys with single turbo porsches(930/965) but I only have access to a '94 3.6 Turbo. I'm fairly sure there would be compatibility issues much like there are with this B6 full bay IC if I built the jig off that car. I'm eventually going to design/build and dyno tune an intercooler for the 3.6, hoping that it would fit the 3.3L Turbo 965's as well as there's a handfull of them running around this area that could use them.

Just my brain ticking away at 9:30pm
Old 11-04-2007, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)