Thread: Turbo/Cam combo
View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayglass View Post
This is turning out to be an interesting thread. I'm anxious to hear more Sand_man...
So, took it out and did some beating! UUUMMM...WOW! It's like having no turbo lag...probably what was throwing me off this morning. The thing just starts spooling and keeps going all the way. It's deceiving because the power doesn't hit you hard, but make no mistake, you are flying!!! I even did some high speed 4th gear, full boost pulls and I'll be damned if it didn't deliver. The SC cams even seemed to match well; unless this car were going to see regular track time, I think the SCs will suit me just fine. I might be able to get a little more by changing my cam timing a little.

It's very difficult to watch the tach, the road, and be cognizant of the boost gauge....so I don't yet have an idea of when it begins spooling and when full boost hits....but it appears to be pretty darn efficient.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)