View Single Post
CT SPB Cheater

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
Intermittant issue

Had my car at Watkins Glen a couple weeks ago and it ran flawlessly for most of the day. The last session, in the pit-out, I hit the throttle hard (I usually whack my brakes here a few times before hitting the hot track) and when it reached the boost kick-in it started bucking like a bronco, running rough. Tried again, same thing. Pulled over and when revving at a stop it's smooth as silk. Was the last run so brought her home.
Took her out of the trailer and check all my air lines, etc. and all looked fine. Took her up my street and same thing, as soon as boost starts she bucks. I noticed, just before the u-turn I was going to make, the sound of an open wastegate dumping. I have a new Tial with a .6 Bar spring and an Autopower PSI guage plumbed in. The guage has proven to be very accurate and she holds 11 PSI at boost from 2800 RPM to redline normally. After turning around I pushed it and she ran perfectly... could the WG have been stuck open and caused this? I'm going to put in a Boost controller this winter but have 2 more days at limerock coming up..

Also - I have no OB switch, that's where my guage is plumbed in for now, and the wire is grounded properly. If I disconnect it it dies as it should...

Thanks for any input!
2009 Porsche Cayman S PDK/ 1997 PCA Spec Boxster Race car #154
Old 11-06-2007, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)