View Single Post
Innocent Bystander

Garage
Thanks for the votes of confidence. I haven't cranked it up since I got it home. I wanted to check everything out just to make sure I didn't damage anything unnecessarily. As far as the interior goes, the leather seat covers are deteriorated, front and back, but the rest of the leather is actually decent and will clean up nicely. With the condition of the seats, it almost leads one to think that the leather was negatively affected by the gasses emitted by the decomposing foam used in the seats. Regardless, they have to be replaced. And it will need a dash pad before it's over.

At first glance, the microfueler appears to be connected as the wires and hose route through a hole in the floor and disappear. After looking in the engine compartment, I don't think they make it that far. I'll check that out more this weekend and remove it.

The engine ran strong for the thirty miles or so that I drove it. I'm a little leery about taking it out and flogging it just yet. The vast amount of receipts I have paint a chronological picture of a highly modified car/engine. But when you look at the car your first thought is "is this the same car”? So I'll probably spend a little time checking things out thoroughly before I run it too much.

I want to do a baseline compression, leak-down, AFR, timing and change the fluids and filters before I take it out on the road. And I’d also like to raise the car about a half inch as well.

I really enjoy tearing them apart and putting them back together more than I do driving them. But I have feeling that some seat time in this one may change that.

And, by the way, what's a WUR?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)