View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith View Post
The engine ran strong for the thirty miles or so that I drove it. I'm a little leery about taking it out and flogging it just yet. The vast amount of receipts I have paint a chronological picture of a highly modified car/engine. But when you look at the car your first thought is "is this the same car? So I'll probably spend a little time checking things out thoroughly before I run it too much.

I want to do a baseline compression, leak-down, AFR, timing and change the fluids and filters before I take it out on the road.
Wise, we're not advising you to ignore basic safety check stuff for either you or the cars' sake, we're just encouraging you to drive it and get to love it

Quote:
And Id also like to raise the car about a half inch as well.
Tad low for your neighbourhood? It looks about right to me...

Quote:
And, by the way, what's a WUR?
Warm Up Regulator, although this is somewhat misleading - it should be called a Control Pressure Regulator (and in some Bosch documentation, it is).

It is part of the system that regulates the amount of fuel admitted to the motor. It has a warm-up function, but it basically controls your off-boost, non-idle AFRs and provides additional on-boost enrichment.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)