View Single Post

Gt20's at 400hp on a 3.3L might be just a tad of a stretch. Consider the Gt22's if you're going to stay right around that 400 mark, just ever so slightly bigger. Gives you just a little more room. Even that might be tight on a 3.3. You're reading the maps correctly, probably just stretching the limits more than I would. Give me a day or so to finish up these cars here and I'll sit down and run a few maps myself for you and see what we come up with on those GT20's/22's. It's getting real cold here and I've got to finish up these few cars sitting outside my garage as the ones inside are all on standby waiting for parts to arrive

Man that must have been a snappy little motor at 8:1 with those little GT20's I built a little 2.0L I4 back in the day for a with twin 22's and that motor revved like a son of a ***** no matter where you were in the rev range. Can't imagine 20's!!!

I think it's be a fun project to build one of Henry's little 2.8L's with a little bit of compression(oh 9.0:1 maybe) and some good ignition control(standalone) with dinky turbos. Not huge HP, but something really fun to drive. Make a motor that revs out to wits ends with a little boost behind it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukesportsman View Post
Adam,

No, you certainly didn't go "long" on your answer. That was great info and interesting input/opinions. Your opinions with your reasons behind them were very useful past just objective reading in books. I had earlier arranged a setup for a 8:1 3.0 using GT2054's using Webcam's 20/21 and EFI. Now that I'm going 3.3 with traditional 7:1 compression and higher boosts should I even try the GT20's or go ahead and figure on new GT28's. The GT2054's I have use proprietary flanges I've converted to Vbands, so they can't be easy swaps at a later point to a larger chassis.

The GT20's were listed as 260hp and when I used the maps for a 3.0 at .8bar it looked to be in the sweet spot on the graph for a responsive 400hp engine. Is this all just a wash with the engine spec changes? Am I even evaluating the maps correctly for our air cooled 2 valve hemi engines?

Sincerely appreciate your time,
Luke
Old 11-07-2007, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)