View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUK View Post
the Sachs pressure plates will lose their clamping force over time
Yup, I am sure that they do - the entire clutch is considered a wear item. Otherwise there'd be no market for complete clutch kits, which include the pressure plate.

Quote:
that the Kennedy stuff does not.
Kennedy don't claim that their stuff lasts forever - or even longer than stock - at least, not that I can see. They didn't mention any special longevity as an advantage to a potential buyer when I spoke to them. As to how long it lasts, guess we'll have to wait for someone with a 20 year-old KEP - or 170,000 mile - clutch to check in. Might be a while...

I'm not knocking KEP, and I'm certainly not saying it's not well-designed and soundly-engineered gear - because I'm convinced that it very likely is, and I nearly bought one. Random person who answered the phone (and my questions) didn't sound like that was the extent of their skill set to me.

What I am saying is "why increase your pedal pressure (and potentially wear/stress on the release) if you have no reason to".
Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)