View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I just got done installing a k-27S with GSF headers on my 79 930. Used to have the stock 3LDZ and US exhaust.
Night and day difference. The boost comes in very early and is more linear. I am making boost around 2200-2400rpm (meaning coming towards the positive side of the bosst gage) and the boost is all in alot faster.
It has transformed the car. Now it is alot easier to modulate, but the kick of the old turbo at high revs is more subdued.....the only downside, as I used to like that feeling though it is not as powerful as the new set-up.
It was not an easy drop in install.
I had posted a long description of what I went thru if you search the forum. I do not think Rarlyl8 wording was too strong.......you should be aware of whats involved because the sellers of these kits will not tell you.
Worht the trouble definitely.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 11-09-2007, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)