View Single Post

General 915 transaxle concensus

I'm not sure exactly where to put this question......Wayne or other mods feel free to move/redirect where necessary.

I've been looking into transaxle options for my little project car and was considering a G50 or G96 but honestly by the time I go through and refurbish/upgrade to what I want I'll blow through $3K plus the price of the box itself which these days tip the $4K+ mark. Unfortunately I have a price limit set on this whole project and I'd like to balance out where I spend money on it.

I've come across some good deals on really good condition 915 5 speeds(< $1K) and was curious in knowing what the limits of this transaxle are. I had plans on a Guard LSD, direct gear oiling with external oil cooler and pump, and freshen up the internals as is. Possibility for cyro treatments/shot peening as I can get that done on the cheap(connections ) Is 400-450ftlbs possible in this transaxle with the above work I listed, or am I way out in left field here? I don't plan to drag race this car at all, just some good old back road burning and occasional track use.

Comments and opinions??? Much appreciated in advance!!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)