View Single Post

Chinese Manufactured Wastegate and BOV

Well guys I have just got back from my world trip and this time while I was in China I decided to make some supplier contacts for the performance parts market, this is not my typical sourcing role but figured it would be interesting to check out and to learn how they make their items so cheap

Overall the facories that I visited were all basically the same, conrete building well ventilated with 1~2 CNC machines and some work benches (around a 20 person operation). 1 site that i took intest in was a supplier that manufactures wastegates, BOV and fuel pressure reisers. I was very impressed with the quality of the material that was being used, as I had seen a shop the day before that was using sheets of metal with surface contamination and pitting (The apperance of this shop was also pretty poor). The shop that seemed to have a better grip on their quility control was showing that they use all stainless steel springs along with nickle based alloy for the valve. And most importantly the material for the diaphram I am told is rienforced Nomex which believe is the same as Tial

It was a fun way to spend the weekend in China and made some great contacts. Unbleviable this is how much they can make this for.

I did get to sit with their R&D team as they were taking apart a brand new Apex I turbo timer that they have alredy compied the PCB and are just waiting on the finished plastics. This complete re-engineering of product can take less than week

I will probably sell the second wastegate and BOV since I have 2 pairs, if anyone is iterested just send me an email, we can road test them together and provide viable feedback

Old 11-10-2007, 01:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)