View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Sent you an e-mial.
I would like to try those units out and compare to TiAL.
I've seen a couple of websites selling them and a comparison or two from folks who have purchased but would like to see first hand.

This wave of cheap Chinese stuff flooding the US market is the same as the "Jap Crap" that hit the US in the 70's. The Japanese were very accomplished at copying designs and using cheap lablor to kill US pricing. Quality sucked but people still bought it all.

Right now it is cheaper to buy stailess steel from China and import it to the US than to buy it in the US. Think about that. We are killing areselves economically.

Falk - I just took a 25% hit on the oil lines imported from Germany that I use on my SSI setups. This was due to the cadmium plating process being banned in Gemany. What do you think is going to happen to these lines now that I have to charge $200? No one will buy them and I'll have to go to China for a source.
This is bad but I would not pay it myself. The US worker is making less money every day and prices of goods are going through the roof. I don't want to see 930 ownership relegated to the rich. There are a lot of middle class enthusiasts. This is a tough one.

Last edited by RarlyL8; 11-10-2007 at 07:05 AM..
Old 11-10-2007, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)