View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Ben and Jerry can speak from experience on this regarding the 3.2 turbo. Mine is a bit different as it is a CIS SC, and the route I took is basically antique technology (period correct !!) I would imagine a 3.2 would be an easier go simply because of the fuel delivery options with an electronic system. Fuel delivery is the key to a turbo conversion. My first go at it, I couldn't get enough fuel enrichment. I have enough now, but that was worth $1000 to get it right.

I also know exactly how much power is made, as mine has been on a dyno. I haven't seen anyone else's N/A to turbo conversion dyno sheets, so I have no basis for comparison. I do know that I was making 251 RWHP at essentially 6 PSI, and that was still not sorted as well as it can be, and I make power all the way to redline. I think I have at least another 20-30 HP lying on the table. I have heard of dyno results from a 3.2 with a full Promotive install, custom intercooler...whatever Stage Something Promotive calls it. The car is making 300 RWHP, but it cost $10 large to do it (on an existing engine). If you just want to kick up the power a bit, you can likely do it for maybe $3k or so, if you're handy.

Pat
01 Boxster
RIP, Early_S_Man & RoninLB
Old 11-10-2007, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)