View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125shifter View Post
This is such a huge power loss that this has to be something major and therefore obvious... I think. So don't be offended by questions that seem rather obvious .

When the top end was apart and the intake and exhaust off, did you find anything strange?

If everything seems mechanically correct and there are no restrictions in or out of the engine, I'm leaning toward cam or ignition timing issue. Are your spark plugs all the same color? I had different color plug readings left to right and turned out to be the cam timing was off. Have you checked ignition timing with a timing light?

How about some pictures of the engine in case that brings up any questions.
David I totally agree with you...
There is something very significant wrong..

I have attached some photos from my phone. The intercooler was off checking for obstructions.

My mechanic said he verified the ignition timing with a light to what was being setup in the ECU. Last Friday (3 days ago) he said that he pulled the plugs and they were the same color. The reason why I have had the car at a shop is that I have passed my level of competance with this vehicle.

I have now just booked the car in with a shop that specialized these vehicles on thursday I am taking it 600mi to get checked out.

1998 Porsche Boxter
1988 Porsche 930 Targa (sold)
Old 11-11-2007, 02:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)