View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Jerry:
The guy who built the Promotive I referenced saw my engine one evening, by chance, and commented on my turbo setup, as though mine were some POS and only a Promotive was the way to go. I ran on the track with this particular car before it had intercooling, and the Stage whatever upgrade, back when I still had 161 RWHP. It is a Carrera, and I haven't seen it on the track this year. The comment was that the engine was making low 300 HP, IIRC. If Promotive advertises 400 from this setup, they are a bit short on their estimates. If I dropped $10g on my engine, I could make 500 HP.

And, you're right, it never ends. My engine is out at the moment, getting fitted with a SS Webb airbox...I blew the plastic one up a few weks ago. So, while I'm in there, I'm rewiring the engine, and rebuilding the distributor.

Lastly, the center of the turbo universe is: what is the dynamic compression ratio? Low static CR and big boost, or high static CR, and low boost? What is the best compromise for the use of the car, and what can you live with for driveability? I calculated my BMEP one day, and I have BMEP around 205 or so, which is pretty good. How much charge can you pack into the cylinder, and how well can you burn it? HP is a function of CR.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)