Thread: 930 injectors
View Single Post

my injector tester

Here is what I made up - cost about $10. That was for the Tee piece and hose nipple. I robbed the gauge off my home made CIS system tester (no point buying two gauges of the same pressure range). I used a cylinder of gas for the pressure system. Most gas bottles would do - Argon, oxygen, CO2, but I suspect a home workshop compressor would do equally well. I set the regulator at just above the test pressure. I filled the plastic line with injector cleaning fluid, hooked the hose on the nipple and opened the gas valve. You don't get long to read the gauge, but it works - as one of the pics show. You could increase the reservoir size by longer tube, or screwing an elbow fitting where the nipple is, then the nipple into the elbow. I use 5-10 ml of solution per shot. You can see the good/bad spray patterns and measure the pressure at same time. The spray patterns did not show up too well in pics to show good/bad - but they are fairly obvious.
The Tee piece was just a regular unit at hardware shop that just happened to have same thread as injector, and the gauge. I turned up a small disc (delrin?) to push fit inside the tee for the injector to crush seat on, since the tee internal is not same as injector seal.
Do not use teflon/plumbing tape to seal the threads - it wants to dissolve in the cleaning fuid - which means it would get into your injector = bad spray pattern. You are not supposed to get it on your hands either, but I was not too good at that bit. Some gloves maybe.
Regards
Alan

Old 11-11-2007, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)