View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUK View Post
I think to get the 993 6 speed in you have to alter inside the car!

Olli recently had one put into his '89 930, there is a thread.

I'm not overly concerned about the fitment issue of the transaxle in the car as it's a tube chassis that I'm building to suit the drivetrain. It's not a GT40/Ultima/FFGTM kit car. I've been developing my own tube chassis and inboard suspension here for the past year or so and will be retrofitting it with one of the manufactured 962 bodies from the various companies out there. Trick is it's for my own personal street use. I need the transaxle to get the relative dimensions for the next step in the chassis design as I cannot locate any technical drawings of any G50/64/96 transaxle to pull measurments from. It's all CAD work right now, but I've got a pile of parts occupying a good section of my shop that need to get into use soon This is all out of pocket right now, hence my reason to keep costs down in certain areas JUST to get this thing going into the fab stages here.

If you definitely think the AWD drive flanges won't hold up I'll guess I'll have to do some searching for a base 5 or a nice 6 speed; I'd prefer not to have to do anything to it aside from setting up the R&P on a new LSD and maybe some fresh output seals.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)