View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
Boxxer- Go with the G-96 996TT trans. That would be perfect for you and is cheaper than a G50/50 or 52 because the cable shift is not desired by the "Plastic car" crowd. The cable shift would be perfect for you because it allows very versitile shifter placement and they shift like a damn dream. The one thing I noted about my father's old 996TT is that while it was not as fast as my 930; I just loved beating the shifter into place with zero protest from the trans. Thats is one that can be converted to RWD because it uses a viscous coupler set-up that only acts on rear axle overspin. I really want on for my car.
There's one on evil bay for near ten grand outright buy from CMS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-911-996-TURBO-TRANSMISSION-REBUILT-W-WARRANTY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33733QQihZ003Q QitemZ130171440332QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

That's way beyond my reach price wise unfortunately. Adapting a cable shift would be easy for me if I could just land a transmission. I'd take one hands down for the right price, I don't mind the hassle in getting the shifter to work

I have a feeling this is going to be the "piece of this puzzle" that holds me up the most
Old 11-11-2007, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)