View Single Post

I have heard several sets of after market drag racing gears on old muscle cars and they are REALLY loud. your cheapest rout would probably be to have your set up checked for proper back lash etc. to make sure they were set up correctly. If they are set up correctly and just noisy then put the stock ones back in. Make sure you get some one good to set them up. I had the posi differential on my pick up go when it had about 160k miles on it. the guy I had replace the posi unit and gears did such a good job that it made less noise than when new from the factory. So rather than a Porsche mechanic take the diff to some good ole boy who has been specializing in rear ends for about 25 or 30 years. he can probably do a better job in his sleep than the local Porsche mechanic.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 11-11-2007 at 06:07 PM..
Old 11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)