View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
Feeler - Have to sell the Pumpkin

I have come to the conclusion that there is only so much $$ to go around (here) and had to decide between doing the PCA/NASA race car thing 100% or doing it 1/2-ass by running the turbo at DE's with the G car just for racing. It was a great plan but just doesn't work. The 930 has to go... I just really have no idea what I should ask for her. Make no mistake, it's a track car that is street legal (in CT anyway). Here is a quickly compiled build list (from memory) as i'm afraid to even LOOK at my receipts (last one was $11K for the G50 conversion and assorted work!).

1982 930 Euro with new G50
Approx. 65,000 miles
3.3L original Euro motor - checked 300 miles ago by Dan Jacobs and had 2-3% leakdown
B&B Stainless Steel Headers w/heat
K27 7200 Turbo
Tial 38mm Wastegate w/ .6 bar spring
Fabspeed single out Stainless muffler
B&B BIG front oil cooler
Autometer 0-25 PSI liquid filled boost guage

Body was stripped to bare metal, windows out, and painted in single stage PPG Concept enamel, Signal Orange. Not the greatest paint job ever but fine for a track or dual use car.
New GT Racing Fiberglassbumpers front/rear

Recent work by Dan Jacobs LLC -
New 10mm Magnecor wires, New Cap, rotor, plugs, Valve adjustment and complete tune up 200 miles ago
Rebuilt shortened G50 with shortened 2-4 gearset
New clutch
New Hargett 5 Speed shifter

Completed this summer -
Saunders Hollow torsion bars - 33mm rear, 24mm front
Smart Racing adjustable sway bars front/rear
Smart Racing Camber King strut tower brace/shock monoballs
Elephant Racing trailing arm monoballs
Elephant Polybroze bushings front/rear
New Custom Valved Bilsteins

Car was corner balanced and aligned for track use by Dan Jacobs LLC this summer.

Two sets of wheels/tires
2007 CCW 3 piece 18"x11.5" and 18"x9" wheels with Hoosier R6's in 315 and 245 with 6 heat cycles (look new)
2001 Porsche 996 Turbo twists in 11" and 8" with Sumitomo 285 and 245 street tires (new)

2 New Recaro SPG XL seats
2 sets (2005) Deist harnesses
Safety Devices rear roll bar welded in, front section comes with it but not installed (to keep it safer for road use)
Appbiz RS Door panels -new
Appbiz RS Carpet Set -new

Stuff I have ready to install -
Innovate XD-16 A/F guage/recorder (it's installed, just not wired in yet)
Innovate Wide-band Oxygen sensor
Brian Leask Adjustable WUR

All receipts for the build, and i'm sure I am leaving a lot of stuff out.

The car has extraordinary power and handles extremely well. In the right hands it is capable of +/- a 2:05 at Watkins Glen. It is registered and insured in CT and Emissions exempt. For any sustained road use I would realign her it as she is maxxed out for track handling.

Thanks!
Price now set at $35K or BO

Last edited by GaryR; 01-11-2008 at 10:52 AM..
Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)