View Single Post

BTDT. Bummer. Least you knew when you bought it and didn't have the $$$$ noises just appear...

Let me guess - factory rod bolts? Don't do that. ARP or Raceware are a good investment - not to mention re-usable.

3.3 and 3.2 rods are identical (as are the cranks). The rods you use should all be in the same weight group.

I should have 11 3.3 rods (the remains of the original set and a complete set I bought from someone who shipped them surface from the US - they arrived after the motor was re-assembled and I haven't even opened the box yet).

I found it cheaper to buy a good std/std 3.2 crank (which I had magnafluxed and polished) than to spring for grinding & re-hardening my old crank and then pay the premium for an undersize bearing set (surprisingly expensive, IIRC).

While 3.3 and 3.2 cranks are identical, the intermediate shaft is apparently matched to the crank in the factory and ideally you should treat them as a set like a CW&P, and be aware that the 3.2 distributor drive gears turn in the wrong direction for a 930....
Old 11-13-2007, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)