View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
Andynista ,

I have been invited to this race at El Jabali this comming weekend. In 1979 the JAMSAL 935 won the only World Endurance Championship race ever held in Central America and Don Whittington clinched this championship driving the JAMSAL 935 . TACA has offered to transport the car and give me air fare for myself and crew. The event promotors have also offered me a nice package to bring the car to El Salvador. Unfortunatley the car is not ready to run as my focus went to another car for Rennsport. I was with Julio Roberto Diaz the editor of Speed in El Salvador over the Rennsport weekend and we also discussed bringing the car to run at El Jabali . I really wish the timming of the event or my circumstances were different. I would have definently have brought the car down. As it stands I should be there for the event so it would be my pleasure to meet you . The people in Central America have been very gracious to me with information, time and encouragement . The photos you have posted were first made public by me and were mostly suppied to me by Kikos Fonseca and Eduardo Barrientos , both great drivers and nice people. Best of luck in your race!!

PS - JAMSAL owned the car until November of 1989 . The car then came back to Florida via AESA and then sat in a garage in Jacksonville Florida with an Ex-IMSA driver until I bought it in 2003 . The car had been in good shape but from sitting all those years had deteriorated badly

Last edited by VZ935; 11-13-2007 at 06:45 PM..
Old 11-13-2007, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)