Thread: 930 injectors
View Single Post

bumper/vines

"Hey Alan, thanks for the excellent info, but more importantly now ... what varietal(s) do you have planted there in the background and is that a real RUF front bumper/valance".

Yes, I expect it is the genuine - I have the rear one off at moment - sorting a few issues, and it has a RUF insert on the inside of it.
The vines are Syrah - this winery began the Syrah journey for NZ.
About two rows further left is the original source row of the vines for the entire country.

I agree with JF, that oxygen as the gas source might be a bit risky - especially since the cleaning liquid is some hydrocarbon mix - I suspect toluene or similar.
I drew the line at acetylene - but was trying to think of what gas people may have available. But probably best not oxygen.
Finally got injector # 6 going this morning. Should run good on all six now.
You need to take care everyting is really clean. I flushed my 'machine' out with brake clean first. Ideally there would be a fine filter in the line ahead of the injector. That would be the Mk2 version with a slightly more sophisticated reservoir.
Shopping for a wideband O2 system now.
Slowly working my way thru the list you guys helpfully posted for me early on about care and feeding of 930's. One day I'll even get to drive it.
Alan
Old 11-14-2007, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)