View Single Post

Well, I got it apart OK - I used my press to hold it together while I let the nuts off. Then let the pressure off the press.
I found the thread with the pic you posted, and a link to disassembly - which I could not seem to load.
I can't get my valve out. I presume it comes out the bottom, and the face seems to sit on a plate over 4 studs - which I'm asssuming is detachable. Except mine is not. It seems to have welded itself to the studs and the body - assuming it is supposed to come off. The diaphragm looks OK - nothing obvious at least. There have been 2 new studs inserted in the housing body. Whether they have recently changed the spring I don't know. Annoying they are not colour coded.
But the valve is not seating very well and I would like to clean it up. When I shine a torch down the tail pipe I can see light around the valve. And there seems to be a chunk of carbon on the seat. I could try and do all this with the valve in place, but obviously better if I can get it out.
Does the diaphragm just fold back down on to the body base and seal under the cap lip? I wonder of it was not sealed up properly in the first place - ie not under the lip?
One day I'm gonna drive this thing. Parts from Pelican arrive today - more work - rotors, pads etc.
Have I told you about the gearbox?
Regards
Alan
Old 11-15-2007, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)