View Single Post

Which Bilsteins did you get in the end?

They are sports all around. Unsure if he had them revalved as he ordered them for me from his guy. The only thing we didn't do was get them threaded for helper springs in the rear. He didn't think I needed the helper springs with the current HP levels. We agreed to revisit the issue if/when motor gets upgraded one day or if I feel I want them. My squat is SO MUCH better I feel I am fine as is. The car is damn near nimble compared to before. I would describe the ride as firm but short of harsh.

I am friends with my mechanic and there was quite a bit of give and take. I really like the choices we made. The things I felt strongly about got done, and on some things that my mechanic felt strongly about I let him do it his way. We sat down at the beginning of the project and we went over everything and then ordered what was needed. All in all, it went pretty smooth considering all he did.

I need to get my AFRs tinkered with and we have one mystery suspension noise in the front to rundown. I am dropping it tomorrow as he wants to retorque everything since I put about 200miles on it this weekend to help settle everything in.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)