View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
Bryan: read the signature block....my 99 996 caught fire while I was driving it ....pulled over to the side of the road and watched it burn. ChP showed up and hit it with chemical extinguisher which did nothing more than make it a God awful mess in there. Bought it back from insurance and sold it to Mfletch...he's one of those masochists you read about who likes to hurt himself.....God that's an awful project he's undertaken.

At any rate, AAA came thru with a better settlement than I could have come up with thru a private sale so I grabbed the money and jumped into a 996TT X50 with only 19K on the clock. Damn if this car isn't so much more luxurious and fast. I put a set of Europipe in it and will flash it after the CPO runs out next year. The CCW wheels were a bit of extravaganza I couldn't pass up...but I love the look and they're a lot lighter....but the rears are wide little buggers. Most of my friends had ridden in the 996...but when I took them for a quick ride in the TT, thee were some white knuckles and sharp inhales of breath when the turbos kicked in.

Love the car so far. Gas mileage is lousy, but it's in direct correlation to how much I push it down.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)