View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

Whoops - Wayne spins the 959 at Willow...

Jack Olsen was riding with me - we're not quite sure what happened, but one thing is certain - this car is way too fast for this particular track. I'm having to hold it back almost everywhere, and the gear ratios are a bit too high. Still, it's running very fast.

The spin happened at the end of the 2nd straightaway - the car at full boost runs almost too fast into the chicane. I think that the car stalled out when I came off of the throttle, and then that affected the power assist steering, which caused problems because the steering input changed. It's been stalling intermitantly since I got what I think was a tank of bad gas the other day. Could the idle control valve too. Luckily, it uses the same one as the 1984-89 Carreras, so perhaps I will just replace that when I get back on Wednesday.

No damage to the car, and we took it right back out again. I have to make sure the car is still running for the Thursday fun run! Pics coming soon!

-Wayne

PS It's nice to have a day off from work!
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 11-20-2007, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)