Lets Play Name that No Start

Well I just finished my rebuild with the following additions:

3.4 P's and C's
Sc cams
Modded Fuel head
K27HFS
SSI exhaust
Tial 46mm.

The first time I started it, it started but rumbled to a stop. It was ignition timing. as I was re-indexing the distributor I knocked the green wire which then disintegrated. I replaced the green wire and now have spark.

I then tested the fuel system and couldn't hear the fuel injectors on the left bank, instead I heard a high pressure sound like it was partially clogged. I pulled the fuel distributor and spark plugs, and there was signs of fuel everywhere it should be.

I will now either swap out the fuel distributor with my old euro or repair the modded fuel head (please see the other thread about that).

The issue is, I have a sneaking suspicion the fuel head is not the issue with no start. wouldn't It still try to fire up even if only one bank is getting fuel? after I replaced the green wire it would crank, but not fire. I figured the plugs were soaked which all six were so I pulled all of them to let the cylinders air out.

Anyone have any ideas of what else could be causing this no start issue?
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 11-21-2007, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)