View Single Post

Update

So Sand_Man came over this evening to try to help me figure this out. This is what we did:

1. Swapped out spark plugs
2. Checked for spark (it was there)
3. Played with ignition timing
4. Even tried moving the dizzy while cranking

Still no start. we did notice after it had cranked for awhile and the starter started to slow down b/c the battery was running out of juice, that it made a faint noise like it was almost firing and would shoot out small puffs of smoke, but it was really weak. It was almost like it didn't have enough of something to get full combustion, and it would only happened after cranking for awhile.

We also noticed the Tach jumps all over the place and then settles right about when it makes the faint noise. Could this be a grounding issue?

I pulled the passenger side valve cover, and while the engine is at TDC I can jiggle the intake rocker. This would tell me the cams aren't 180 off right?

Does anyone have any idea's? even if it is just a guess? I would hate to get this far, just to have it towed to a shop, and find out its something obvious.
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 11-24-2007, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)