Thread: AFRs????
View Single Post

Excellent thread guys. Just recently installed an Innovate LC-1/XD-16 system in my mostly stock car and I'm trying to maximize fuel economy vs. engine longevity vs. fun factor. I have the Andial fuel enrichment system which I know some don't like (sorry Don ) but it strikes me as added insurance.

But my car is very much what Steve (Porsche PHD) and Don describe - a street 930 with the standard external modifications (intercooler, K27, GHL header and straight cat/muffler). I don't run hard boost as long as you guys do - part of the emphasis on street car I guess.

My goal is to get the car to try running around low 14's or high 13's at constant rpm in 3rd or 4th - basically cruising range. Then when the boost comes in between the stock CIS and the Andial the A/F drops to low 11's. Problem is I'm still learning how much to trust the Innovate, how accurate the readings are, etc. So I do tend to run a bit rich. After all, you know you are too lean when your car dies at a red light when you take your foot off the gas. It's tough to explain this to car guys who don't run air-cooled turbos. To them "stoich" is the ideal - to us gas is for burning and paradoxically for cooling.

Great thread for us newbie tuners.

BTW. Don - don't tell me you have a P-51 in addition to the stable of horses?
Mods include: Kokeln IC, GHL Headers, Hooligan muffler, Modified K27 7200, BL WUR, LC-1 & XD-16, Bilstein Sports (4), TRG sway bars, Oversize torsion bars, Strut brace

Last edited by BlkBird; 11-25-2007 at 07:00 PM..
Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)