View Single Post
"I wuz the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by William930t View Post
If one buys a set of the lower quality headers mentioned above...
And therein is my issue. What is "lower quality"? Cheaper price? A perception of quality through the infamous P-car tax? 'Cause B&B surely didn't deliver, and last time I checked, $2,200 for a set of headers, wasn't/isn't chicken feed. And the reaction I got from B&B as I tactfully attempted to get their help (I killed them with kindness during my first calls), was unbelievable.

The OBX fit perfectly, have not leaked, are light weight, made from better material, and have not needed to be tightened at the exhaust ports in the same manor that my B&Bs needed. This all on a daily driven 930. I'm convinced my B&B failure was due to a quality control issue (or lack there of). I think the weld that holds each primary pipe to the heater box, actually weakens the pipe...thus leading to cracks/holes. Maybe this is a design flaw?

YMMV. Again, if I had one shot at purchasing a set of headers with heat that I thought would really last, I'd put my money in the SSIs. At the time, I just didn't know that was an option...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-26-2007, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)