View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
No offense taken Don, your experiences and opinions are needed in this thread as are all others.
Could you post a picture of your custom equal length headers?

SSIs do not deliver the best performance/dollar if you are looking strictly at performance headers. Everything is a compromise. The SSI units are heat exchangers, not headers. The jacketed headers I have seen and owned are a joke if you really want heat. The GHL heat exchangers I have are very nicely made but heat is an after-thought. Same for B&B, not much heat.

As Ben stated previously, we are both free agents that can sell whatever we want. We have both looked at the market and see SSI as the best compromise of form, function, durability, and price for the street 930. I have several contacts in the Asian market who want me to distribute for them - at a healthy margin. The quality control just isn't something I want to be liable for.

No, you do not have to remove the exchangers to adjust the valves. They are similar to all N/A exchangers where the bottom row of valve cover bolts are hard to get to. On the plus side you don't have to remove the waste gate as you do in all stock applications.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)