View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I wound up ditching the turbo bracket as well, because like you said no amount of slotting will make it fit. It needs to be cut and rewelded as well as slotted to fit. I do worry about the longevity of the headers with all that turbo weight hanging on them and will look into making something work this winter, when I fab up a zork tube for it.
As far as the heat I wound up cutting an inch out of the heat tube (that hit the axle) and having it flared so it would slip over the stub remaining on the heat exchanger. Then hose clamped it tight. Seems to work fine though flaring it larger split the tube at the weld line. I also had to use reduction coplings to make the connection to the supply side from the flexible heater tubing coming off the engine. It would have been nice if the GSF ingineers had made this tubing the same diameter as the OEM flex tubing.
The heat is not that great though like everyone seems to have found out, I almost wish I had gotten headers without heat. Saved some $$$$ and heartaches. SSI heat is so much better.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 11-27-2007, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)