View Single Post

I have a couple of CIS manuals (copies of) , but not your one. But in general terms, they say the same thing. If it is the damper system fluctuation, rather than being caused by the air plate, I am wondering if I will see this in the pressures in the fuel head. Will try. If that is the case, I have something measurable to work off. I know of no one in NZ that rebuilds CIS units. I will hunt around if I need to - but I suspect I have the same manuals they have - that is where I acquired mine from. They will fault diagnose, and throw away a faulty part (I can do that too). But I don't know of anyone rebuilding them. The cleanest part on the car is the top of the fuel distributor.
Hmmm.
I may post this as a general query on the 911 board and see if we have some specific CIS expertise. Another fault symptom was a spikey tacho reading. Mine is an aftermarket tacho with shift light etc, so whether the standard tacho would suffer this, I don't know. But if your tacho spikes on idle, I would first suggest checking the voltage at the WUR and AAR, and hope they read 12.
Alan
Old 11-28-2007, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)