View Single Post

Intake tracts of turbo engine are much much longer than for SC and overlapping camshaftshave minimal influence on CIS plate compared to SC. Presumed "pulses" must pass the flapper, go down the tube to turbo, go past spinning blades, go up again, trough the intercooler, intermediate throttle plate and then into the engine. Plus, you have SC cams which are "ordinary" CIS cams, right?

I believe you have self-induced oscillation caused by flapper switch and cycling relays.

With other word: as soon as flapper switch shuts of during the idle, it will cycle the relays and sent low voltage to WUR and idle thingie (and probably send a votage shock to fuelpumps as well), which will induce the oscilation.

I recomend finding a CIS-flapper switch distance where switch aways stays off as soon as flapper lifts. You could even try to bypass the switch for diagnostic reasons. Also, check for possible vakuum leaks. My CIS hunted like crazy until i rebuilt the BOV and tightened every hose under the intercooler.

Last edited by beepbeep; 11-28-2007 at 12:32 PM..
Old 11-28-2007, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)