View Single Post

I tried Beep Beeps suggestion - self induced oscillation via the switch. I started the engine and waited for it to oscillate. Then I pulled the lead off the safety relay switch. The oscillation continued - even tho the switch was dead. I found I could return the plate to idle if I eased the throttle off. If I just dropped the throttle and let it snap back to idle , the oscillation started every time. And every time I eased it back - no oscillation. This suggests to me a mechanical damping issue in the fuel head rather than a switching issue. The switch cracks open as soon as the plate moves, and is well open at idle setting. It is just that the plate is bouncing around about +/- 1mm, and it sits about 1 mm open at idle.
I am coming to the conclusion something is wrong in the metering valve area. A new voyage of discovery. I did find a good thread on disassembly of a CIS head - although it was actually functioning OK at the time, with no fault symptoms.
One day I'm gonna drive this thing. But not today.
Alan
Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)