Thread: CIS fuel head
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
I admire your DIY spirit - dismantle a fuel head that has thingy's and springs and tubes you can blow on.
With the nearest Porsche dealer 300 miles away, and the number of Porsches in my locality able to be counted on one hand, (mine being the only 930 I know of) certain things become a necessity. But if you like doing these things, it keeps you out of other trouble. And is better than mowing the lawns - altho they still seem to need mowing.

At the risk of confusing you (Spuggy) the part No is 0 280 161 007. I will try e mailing Bosch - I would not expect much help in NZ.
I had to get it out again for the number - I was dumb enough not to write it down while I had it out.
I am suspecting possibly a problem with the WUR. I have the fuel head back together and have hooked a pressure gauge in line between the head and WUR. The plate still goes into its spasm mode - and when it does the pressure fluctuates like crazy too - so the pulses are sent right down to the WUR.
I am about to measure all the pressures. I did this on my SC a few years back, but memory fails me. To do the warm pressure the pumps must be on. I pulled the air plate switch to do that. But the injectors are screaming like mad. It seems to me I'll fill the engine up with fuel leaving it in this state for 20 minutes?
Alan
Old 11-30-2007, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)