Thread: Here she is!
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
Congrats - beautiful!!

Get a set of B&Bs headers and a B&B muffler and you will be at an easy 400hp with those cams. Take some pics of the intercooler and I will identify it for you. Are you running increased booost?

Also if you photograph the turbo we can identify it for you as well.

Where did you see this car for sale?

You can email the pics and I can host them for you on my website.

Yasin (slownrusty@yahoo.com)
P.S: I am local to you but down in Colorado Springs.

Yasin- good to hear from you. When the mag chloride dissipates maybe we can get together and compare cars. I took some shots of the intercooler (no name stamp on it) and the turbo. It doesn't look like the sheet metal in the engine compartment was modified to fit the turbo- which my mechanic says is necessary to fit a K27- and is why he says it's not really a K27...but as you'll see the badge clearly says it is. I'd be interested in getting your feedback as I'd like to know if this is the real thing or a home-made jobby. The car pulls at about 3700 rpm but you don't get the punch in the chest you usually would expect from a K27 (or the stock, for that matter). I'm wondering if the restrictive stock muffler is to blame for how tame it feels. I've heard that SC cams actually make the car perform worse with the stock muffler. I'm not sure what wastegate spring I have so I've got a lot to learn about the car when I have a chance to tinker. I look forward to your feedback. Thanks!

Last edited by jay71; 12-01-2007 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: forgot to mention something
Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)