Thread: CIS fuel head
View Single Post

Brian, I only just found one of your earlier postings. I used no sealant, and the head has sealed fine both times so far. Your suspicion of extra fuel enrichment may be correct. There was an EBC in the car, which I have removed. The engine supposedly has done 500 km on a top end rebuild due to melt down (oil leaks everywhere, and red sealant). There is, in the aftermarket header system, a blanked off boss, which I suspect had an O2 sensor. There are wires running from that locality inside the car to a small electronic box on the floor. I am suspecting some sort of mixture control in association with the EBC.
Goran, the fuel accumulator is in place.
I am very suspicious that the scoring on the metering piston may be unhelpful to the spasms. It seems the clearance of the piston in the bore is the seal between the pressure differential of the system pressure and WUR. Do you guys have any contacts expert in CIS rebuilds that I can get hold of. There will be no parts in NZ (still waiting for clutch clevis pin ex Germany), so may as well start somewhere familiar with the beast.
Alan
Old 12-02-2007, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)