View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinclarkston View Post
9K is a big hit! Sorry to tell you that I think we were paying somewhere in the $30 range each if my memory is correct. I have also sent you another PM with information on storing accumulators. Per the information I sent our manufacture states that while no loss of gas is expected when empty they do not reccomend storing accumulators for more than five years.

By the way did Dirk send you the pacakge with the test pin out box? If not I'll send him a note as I know he gets busy.
Right, plus how long have these been on the shelf at Porsche sitting in their warehouse since they were made? They may be 20 years old and bad! That is why I would rather use the newer parts. I did think about the pressure levels of the accumulators and how that would affect the suspension. If the Porsche ones are NOS stock from a long time ago, they may actually be holding different values these days. I don't have my manual here, but I'm not sure if there is a way to test the pressure that was expected out of the accumulators. I plan to install the Mercedes / Audi units and see if that fixes the problem. The car performed very well at Willow around the corners, but was bouncing way too much. If these solve this problem, then all is fine by me.

I'm hoping that this fixes the problem, if all goes well, this week we'll see. I have to lift the car up and take the wheels off, which is an event in itself. I'll take pics.

Yes, Dirk did send me the unit, and then called me. I'm pretty sure I called him back and left a message, but I'm not sure if he got it. Have him call me again, so we can reconnect!

-Wayne
SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)
Old 12-02-2007, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)