View Single Post

Garage
Welds and affirmative action points just for trying...

The point is that poorly fabricated and welded parts fall off at the most inopportune time and can cause someone else - whilst driving over the parts - to go over the fence or get killed. I have seen it happen too many times so only suggest a higher degree of craftsmanship. After all, it is constructive criticism and meant to help by pointing out. No offense to the cat and his goal. Fact is that I hit the wall at 200 just because of a similar scenario. Was in a coma for awhile and would not wish that to happen to anyone else. Sure, you can grind the weld and "touch it up with black paint" but that is obviously not the answer to properly preparing your street or race car. Again, no offense to the guy - just my observation. No affirmative action points allowed when it comes to safety. EPS - Tucson
AMG V8 SL55 Mercedes, 993 C2, 86' Carrera 3.6 hot rod, Purple 1998 993 that didn't make the cut, 3 very old 930s, A/Fuel Dragster CH3NO2 (R.I.P.), Blown Alcohol TAD, AA/AA, 360 Maxim wingless, Cummins Turbo Diesel. Amateur Welder, Painter and sculptor sort of. -
Old 12-03-2007, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    #22 (permalink)