View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

Yes, this requires a buttload of force to remove. I went bowling on Saturday for the first time in about 10 years, and man I am sore today. Removing this me that I shouldn't go bowling and then try to remove 959 wheels.

Here is Scott looking into the wheel well after we've removed the wheel. Some cool stuff lies inside there.

Okay, I'm trying to find a replacement for the nitrogen air canisters. The Mercedes parts look very close, but they are a bit smaller. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, I will have to think about this on a "physics level" tonight.

Big photo of the inner wheel well. We have removed the front splash shield here. A previous mechanic decided that the fiberglass panel could simply be manhandled out, and thus cracked it. Somewhere along the line, a set of bungleheads worked on this car.

Front 959 wheel. I just found out that Porsche has remaining stock on these, I think I'm going to order a spare front and a spare rear wheel. They are actually not too terribly expensive when you think about how rare they are.

Here are two shots that I took right before I left tonight...

101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 12-03-2007, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)