View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSideUp View Post
Wayne thanks for posting these updates. I know a lot of people have expressed gratitude for them but we really appreciate it.
No sweat. I'm just a regular Joe like you guys, this car is fascinating to take apart and examine from the inside out. I'm trying to talk Tony Callas into having a 959 tech session day - he's now got three that he services and maintains on a regular basis (including this one).

My goal with this car is the same as it is with the other cars - to keep them mostly stock, but with small upgrades here and there to replace parts that are NLA or prone to failure. I'm really curious to see how these nitrogen canisters work out. I'm going to order every single one I can find from my primary supplier (they have about 10 different ones), and then I'm going to pick the ones that best resemble the ones on the car.

Now, the question is, if the canister is slightly smaller, will that impact performance? Also, what if the canister is filled to a higher or lower pressure than the originals? I think both of these variables will affect suspension performance, but to what degree? I don't know. As I stated in previous threads, I'm wary of buying original Porsche parts, knowing that these may be NOS parts from 20 years ago. These canisters don't have a terribly long shelf live, and the OEM 959 ones cost $3800 or so each retail. I get them at wholesale pricing, so it's less, but still, that's $16,000 worth of parts retail. That's a lot.

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 12-03-2007, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)