View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Horton View Post

Anyone else with experience with this Rennline conversion that wants to chime in?

Thanks.
While I can't say much about the Rennline conversion kit as I have little experience with that, I will say that my experience with Odyssey batteries has been very hit or miss lately. I don't know if quality control has dropped, or if it's just random crap luck on my end but I'd say 75% of the batteries I've worked with over the past couple years have crapped out. Split casings, dead cells, completely dead batteries(internally), etc, etc. My previous use with this company was great but recently it just seems to have gone downhill. I will say Odyssey's are horrible in a start/stop situation where there's less than 20minutes of run time to recharge.

I have since tried convincing my good customers to switch to a Li-ion-p(lithium ion phosphate)TEK battery, but the current cost(~$1000) far exceeds what most would want to spend on a battery. $1K for a battery is rediculous, I know, but you have to see these batteries in action(literally) and the size/shape offerings possible from the company. Lighter, smaller, MUCH faster charge rate, MUCH greater discharge capability, Much lower memory retention....etc.....than any Odyssey battery. They make one shape that's flat like a laptop, about 3/4" thick and 12" square, and another that's rolled up into a log 3" around and 12" long. Pretty neat.

Not for everyone for sure, but still nice to know about

For some reason their website isn't working:

http://www.tekbattery.com

But you can view a video of Matt Hotch running a test on his bike here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs37xn-QpKY

I can vouch that these batteries are worth the money if you can stomach the cost....
Old 12-04-2007, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)