View Single Post

Question Is this P-tax or is it ok?

I had a problem with a grinding sound in between 1st and 2nd and 3rd gear. My clutch was slipping, and I could tell the clutch was shot. I took the car to the local used P-car mechanic and they installed a new clutch (works great). However, the grinding, while better, is still there and I am told now that I need new synchros.

I understand the synchros are bad. What I don't know is whether they should have been able to tell, and should have looked, while the engine was out of the car and the clutch job was being done.

I don't mind paying for the synchros, but if they could have and should have known they were bad during the clutch job, then I have a problem paying for them to take the engine back out. If the wisdom here says it is not something they would have seen or know, then I am good paying for it to be redone. I just don't want to pay almost 1k extra, b/c they have to take the engine out again.

Thanks in advance for the education!

'86 930 Turbo
'03 996TT - Gone, but not forgot!
Old 12-04-2007, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)