View Single Post

where i used to work at , each car was driven to make sure they know exactly what needs to be done and to see if any other problem is there so we can fix that too and charge more hehe. they should have checked it before and after they did the clutch job especially if you told them that there was a problem .

another thing is how much are they charging you to take the engine out? 1k sounds ridiculous , i kow i can take the engine out in less than three hours taking my time and doing it (including the half axles) all by myself . you get two techs that have a good idea of what they are doing and they can have the engine out in 45 mins , i know this because once me and a buddy were running out time on a 911 and rushing thru the job forgot to put on the ring gear for the starter.. while the customer was in the waiting room ....took us 1.5 hours from start to fix the situation and have the car ready to go .

so tell him to cut you a deal since the car was just there for service and they didn't do it while it was out ... ohh and by the way doing synchros on a 4-speed are very simple too , i think i spent more time washing the transmission parts on the parts washer then i did on the R&R .
Old 12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)