View Single Post

I like to think that what type of performance one wants should dictate what kind of grind they would be seeking; that is to say, what type of driving situation as a whole one would want out of the engine.... street able, all of the torque crammed to the top, more torque at the bottom end, etc.

I am running webcam no. 40 grind ( 964 sort of ) and it's just killer in the turbo; as with any cam; change timing a degree or two to alter get low/high response. ( please watch out for piston tops ). Also, make sure you have enough spring load to curtail valve float; whomever provides the cam should provide the specs for everything you need to know. Tighter valve springs will close valves quicker but it's tougher on rockers, cam, etc.

I took me for ever to get the cams dialed in properly but that was me; not the cams. Get a big degree wheel and/or mag base dial indicator and a piston stop - throw the clock out the back door

munchovie.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)