Thread: CIS fuel head
View Single Post

Guys, I would never have attempted this whole 930 project without the Pelican forum. Just getting quick reliable information , experience and being able to bounce ideas is invaluable - when you are stuck at one end of the world with limited access to things. I suspect my tuning hesitation is more like a small air leak - this is typical symptom. I have had the plenum and intercooler (they do make good work trays) off 5-10 times in last few weeks, plus replumbed lots of vacuum fittings. I'm hopeful I will find either a faulty hose, or seal. As I said earlier - the fuel head O ring is suspect. Every time I have pulled it out it had a sliced O ring. The last one I sized 2 mm less hoping it would squeeze in. The hole needs re chamfering. But not today. Will take a day or two to get WBO2 in.
This thread started with a 'where to now ? on a 930. Wandered off to fuel pump relays and CIS head. I will try and link them up to tidy it up for anyone else stuck with the same issue.
Goran, I don't mind CIS - I am not at the point of performance limitation, and it is about as simple injection system as you can get - I like simple, and don't like computer stuff. I can tell you a recent story about cars/computers/$'s sometime.
Brian - if you are there - your PM box is full.
Best regards to 930 Pelicans - we are almost ready for takeoff.
Alan
Old 12-05-2007, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)