View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I do have a heat shield inside the bumper. I do not have pictures to send you but it bolts up to the bumper using 10mm (socket size)screws.
If you look along the top edge of the bumper where it is sealed by the black rubber welting under the plastic Porsche trim piece between the tail lights you will see the tapped holes for it.
My bumper still gets really hot too even with the heat shield. I worry about the paint getting damaged.
Check to see if the engine sheet metal is touching the turbo housing as mine was and this dumps alot of heat into the engine and area too.
As far as a support bracket, as long as it is slotted it should be used to support the turbo weight, thermally the headers will be slightly restricted from growing, but since there are slip joints in the system, this alleviates alot of that. I am gonna fix mine to work with the K27 this winter.

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 12-05-2007, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)