View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmunchovie View Post
any link to the mod in question ?

thanks, munchovie
There is not a link that I know of to post. What it is....is a mod to one of the center bearings...and the corresponding journal on the crankshaft. Basically, the main bearings are fed oil from both sides of the crank....and in doing so, the number 2 & 5 rod bearings are usually the first to go, as they are the last to get oil... The mod lets the rod bearings get the oil from both ends, plus the center of the crank as well.... usually elliminating any lack of oil problems...any good machine shop such as JB Racing, Ollies, Performance Developments, CCR, etc can do this mod.... It is usually under 100 bucks to mod the center main bearing...and i cant recall what I paid for my mod to the Crank, as I also had mine stroked as well... but it was not much. It is a good mod to do, and a good "do it while you are in there" mod...as well as the piece of mind...
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 12-05-2007, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)